Within 18 hours of pitching, the beer was fermenting like gangbusters. I couldn't keep the pail lid on! I eventually gave up and just surrounded the pail with a drop cloth to catch all of the blowoff. Things slowed down after about 36 hours. I racked the beer to a carboy for secondary fermentation after 24 days in the primary and measured the specific gravity at 1.013. That puts the beer at just over 8% ABV, about a percentage point higher than I had expected. The sample I took with the thief tasted a little less flavorful than I remember the previous batch of this recipe. I added an additional 0.7 oz. of the Centennial hops to the secondary in a mesh nylon bag. This is the first time I'm trying the bag so we'll see how that goes. I'm planning to let the beer condition for a couple weeks before bottling.