I've decided to fiddle some with the 'Merican IPA recipe, which solely uses Centennial hops, to teach myself about a few different hop varieties. Here is a preliminary list of hops that I'd definitely like to try:
- 3.3 lb. – Golden Light liquid extract ($12.29)
- 6.6 lb. – Pilsen Light liquid extract ($24.59)
- 10 oz. – CaraPils grains ($1.92)
- 4 oz. – Simcoe hops ($8.09)
- 1 vial – White Labs California Ale V Yeast 051 (same strain as Wyeast American Ale II #1272) ($8.55)
- 4 oz. – corn sugar ($0.25)
The total cost after tax was $55.69, or about $1.11 per bottle.