Friday, September 19, 2014

Batch 9: Simcoe MIPA Iteration: Secondary Fermentation/Bottling Day

I'm almost a week late with this post, but better late than never, right? The beer spent three weeks in the secondary. I dry-hopped an additional 0.67 oz. of the Simcoe hops during the last 26 hours in the secondary. I measured the final gravity at 1.019, which is just a couple points higher than I had expected but should still put the ABV just over 7%. I was still struck by how the Simcoe tasted very round with plum notes, but the dry-hopping added a spiciness that I really like, too. I primed the beer with 5 oz. of corn sugar (boiled in 2 cups of water and cooled) before bottling and ended up with 24 24oz.-bottles. I'm giving the beer two weeks to condition. I'm very excited about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment