Sunday, January 5, 2014

Batch 7: 'Merican IPA: Ingredients

I'm making this one for the annual trip to Gatlinburg. I've brought some investors on board so this batch will be known as "Brad's 'Merican IPA Presented by Cam and Ty."
  • 9.9 lb. – Pale liquid extract ($34.47)
  • 10 oz. – CaraPils grains ($1.12)
  • 4 oz. – Centennial hops ($7.16)
  • 1 packet – Wyeast American Ale II Yeast (#1272) ($7.49)
  • 4 oz. – corn sugar ($0.25)
The total cost after tax was $54.02.

I also took the opportunity to spend some Christmas money on a couple upgrades to my setup, adding a 6.5 gallon glass carboy to replace my brewing pail for primary fermentation and a digital scale. (To be honest, the pocket scale makes me feel like drug dealer--which brings new meaning to the term "hop head." #rimshot)

No comments:

Post a Comment